2012年7月19日木曜日

BR 1-23 Aesop's Fables

The lion and the mouse(P.53)




I was read this book first time. One day, the hare was boasting about how amazingly fast he could run. His friends just yawned. They'd heard it all before. The hare started to pick on the old tortoise. "You're slow, I'm surprised you ever get anywhere," he teased. "I may be slow," replied the tortoise, "but I bet I can reach the end of this field before you." "Hooray, a challenge!" whooped the hare. "Come on everyone. Watch me win!" The other animals gathered around as the hare and the tortoise lined up to start. "Ready, steady, go!" shouted the badger. everyone cheered as the hare raced off, leaving the tortoise far behind. the tortoise wasn't bothered. She plodded along at her own speed. Halfway across the field, the hare looked back over his shoulder. "That old tortoise will take all day," he thought. "I might as well have a little rest." Soon he had fallen fast asleep in the warm sunshine. Several hours later, the hare woke up in a panic. In the distance, he could see the tortoise about to cross the finishing line. He can as fast as he could, but it was too late. The tortoise had won. One hot summer, a thirsty crow was searching for something to drink. It hadn't rained for weeks and he was beginning to give up hope. Then in the distance ha spied a pot on someone's windowsill. He flew over to take a closer look. he could see water, but he couldn't reach it. Now he felt even more thirsty.

I was read this book first time. I know this story. this is a very famous story in the world. I want to read many books after this.


Reference


Carol Watson. (2003). Aesop's Fables. London, England: Usborne.

306 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿