2012年7月15日日曜日

BR 1-17 Nelson

Off to sea(P,5)




I was read this book first time. As the stagecoach for Chatham docks started moving, Horatio Nelson jumped on board and gave his father a final wave. At just 12 years old, he was off on his own to join his uncle's warship, the Raisonnable, and about to start a great adventure. "Goodbye!" he yelled from the window. "I'll write soon." Six hours later, the coach arrived at Chatham. Horatio looked around anxiously, hoping to see his uncle, but there was no one to meet him. So he picked up his bag and wandered down the cobbled lane to the docks. It was a bitterly cold morning in March, 1771, and there were boats and sailors everywhere. Feeling thoroughly exhausted after the journey, Horatio plucked up his courage and approached "Please could you help me, sir?" he asked. "I'm looking for the Raisonnable." The officer nodded in the direction of a large ship. "She's moored over there I'll find someone to row you over. Nelson's body was put in a barrel of brandy to preserve it and taken back to England.


I was read this book first time. I was not this story by now. but, I thought he is a great man. I want to read many books after this.

217 words

Reference

Lacey Minna. (2005). Nelson. London: Usborne.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿